Would you like to make a dream come true this year?
One moment changes everything when you make a gift to The Lutheran Scholarship Granting Organization of Indiana (Lutheran SGO) for the benefit of students that dream to attend a Lutheran grade school and Lutheran High School.
This school year Lutheran High School has $290,000 in unfunded student financial assistance. We all know, without meaningful financial help, the unfunded situation cannot continue indefinitely. While not as large, our Lutheran grade schools are also facing similar situations.
How does the Lutheran SGO work?
The Lutheran Scholarship Granting Organization of Indiana is a 501(c)(3) non-profit approved by the Internal Revenue Service to receive tax-advantaged contributions and is recognized by the State of Indiana for school scholarship programs.
This Indiana organization is authorized to make application on behalf of Indiana taxpayers – individuals or businesses – for a 50% Indiana tax credit for contributions.
What are the key points?
- Direct gifts to "The Indiana Scholarship Granting Organization of Indiana," not to the Lutheran school.
(Gifts may be donated by using a check (download form here), online donation (here) credit/debit card, securities, IRA Charitable Rollover for those 70 1/2 years old and older, or even gifts of grain and real estate.
- Designate this gift to Lutheran High School of Indianapolis, or, better yet, consider dividing your meaningful gift between Lutheran High School of Indianapolis and the Lutheran grade school supported by your Lutheran congregation. Every dollar given by you really matters.
- The Lutheran SGO can accept employer and association matching gifts.
- IMPORTANT! To be eligible to receive your Indiana State Tax Credit, for the tax year 2018, your gift must be made to the Lutheran SGO by December 31; after December 31, your gift would be eligible for the tax credit in the following tax year.
- There is a $14 million per-fiscal-year cap on available state tax credit for up to $28 million in donations available for fiscal year July 1, 2018 to June 30, 2019.
- Please visit LutheranSGO.org or contact the Lutheran SGO at 260-203-4509 or info@LutheranSGO.org for more information and consult your own tax advisers for your unique situation. We cannot provide tax or financial advice.
What is the amount of Indiana State Tax Credits awarded to date?
Of the $14,000,000 in credits to be awarded July 1, 2018 – June 30, 2019, as of December 5, 2018 $6,891,498 have been currently awarded, leaving only $7,108,502 in Indiana State Tax Credits to be awarded.
Our goal for fiscal year July 1, 2018 – June 30, 2019 is $195,000. We have raised $39,139 as of December 5, 2018 and we really need your help to do something that really matters to raise the balance for our students.
Educating for now and eternity takes place every school day at Lutheran High School. Students learn at a school with Christ as its foundation and hear the message of God's saving grace through Jesus, which preparing for success in an uncertain world. Your Lutheran High School nurtures Christian servant leaders while educating minds for an ever changing and increasingly competitive world.
The Lutheran schools in Indiana have worked for 175 years to make a quality, Christ-centered education affordable and available. The help from the Lutheran Scholarship Granting Organization of Indiana is providing another tool for students that dream to attend a Lutheran grade school and Lutheran High School a reality.
Through your love, caring, and commitment, you can make a difference for now and eternity by helping to prepare our stdents as children of God academically, physically, socially, emotionally, and spiritually to be servant leaders in the world today and tomorrow.
Will you do something that really matters and make a contribution to the Lutheran SGO of Indiana? You will help make a dream come true – and be eligible to receive a special 50% Indiana tax credit.
May God continue to bless and cherish you!