COVID-19 Status Updates
LHS Response to COVID-19
Lutheran High School is committed to our students' safety and health, physical, mental, and spiritual. While our students and faculty are experiencing uncertainty, disappointment, and frustration, we continue to champion the positive in every situation.
- LHS Classes are now Live Online.
- LHS has been a one-to-one school since 2012 and is well-versed in E-Learning days, where students work from home and continue the academic curriculum established by the IDOE. Therefore, the equipment and fundamental understanding of E-Learning is well-established.
- In and effort to maintain relationship among students and faculty, LHS is now utilizing Zoom classrooms in our Live Online format. This technology allows students and teachers to interact face-to-face in classrooms from their homes. Many teachers still teach from their classrooms on campus, while the students attend from home. Attendance is taken. Students can interact with each other in breakout groups or in the classroom setting.
- Teachers also lead daily devotions, prayer-requests, and spiritual guidance through these challenging times.
- Chapel will continue on Thursdays at 10:00 am Live Online.
- At this time, we are closed to daily on-campus classes through May 1, 2020.
- Extracurricular Activities have been canceled until further notice.
- In compliance with the IHSAA guidelines, all Saints athletic activities have been canceled or postponed until further notice.
- Academic Super Bowl competitions have been put on hold until further notice.
- School Office Open for essential functioning.
- In accordance with Governor Holcomb's Stay-At-Home order, many school employees are working from home. However, office staff can continue essential functioning as needed as long as social distancing is being implemented. Meetings can be requested in the office as necessary.
- If a student needs to pick up a book or other school-related item, we are able to meet at the school for that specific purpose.
- Based on guidelines established by the governor, this will continue through April 7th.
“Fear not, for I have redeemed you;
I have called you by name, you are mine.
When you pass through the waters, I will be with you;
and through the rivers, they shall not overwhelm you;
when you walk through fire you shall not be burned,
and the flame shall not consume you.
For I am the Lord your God..."