Class of 2023
Welcome Class of 2023!
We are so excited to welcome you to Lutheran High School. Feel free to visit here anytime you have questions or want some inspiration!
___ Complete Application
___ Complete Interview with Mrs. Barnett and/or Mr. Brandt
___ Complete Online Enrollment
___ If applicable, complete Financial Aid request
___ Select your classes (Course Selection Night is April 11, 2019 at 6:30 pm in the Commons)
(If you missed Course Selection Night, please click here to email Mrs. Brock to set up a time to select your courses.)
___ Create an email address for you to use at school (preferably gmail)
___ Get your annual Physical from your doctor to participate in athletics
___ Submit your immunization records to the school office
We are THREE WEEKS from your first day of high school!
Be sure to plan to attend Saints Sign Up Day (all students, new and returning are expected to attend). Wednesday, July 24th | 11 am — 7 pm
Plan to attend the Freshman Luau. Wednesday, August 1st | 7 pm — 9 pm.
School Supplies Needed:
- Laptop Bag or Protection Sleeve to transport your computer safely (leased computers are 13 inches).
- Book Covers. The student is responsible for the proper care of all textbooks. Tight book covers which break the bindings of books are not permitted.
- A calculator for math courses, if needed. For calculator requirements click here.
- General supplies like a backpack (that holds 13 inch (33.02 cm) computer), pencils/pens, folders, paper, etc.
Rising Saints Scholarship
We are pleased to announce that Lutheran High School is now offering a limited number of $1000, renewable scholarships for incoming freshmen in the Class of 2023!
Qualifications for the scholarship are as follows:
- Cumulative GPA of 3.75 or higher for 7th & 8th grades (for a 12-point scale, it should be 11.25 or higher) - Refer to your report card from Semester 1 of this school year.
- Participation in extracurricular activities within your school, community, or church
- Two letters of recommendation from current teachers or administrators
- In-House written essay (choose date on the application)
The application is open TODAY and will close on May 10, 2019. Click here to access the application.
Students will choose one day/time to come to LHS to write their essays. Each session will have a unique writing prompt. Students will write their essays with pen/pencil and paper, so we strongly encourage legible penmanship. Students will have one hour to complete them.
Each applicant will have a packet including his/her application, letters of recommendation, and essay. These packets will be given to a scholarship committee at LHS with the names removed. Once the recipient(s) have been identified, we will send specific notification to those students and families.
Renewability of Scholarship
Each scholarship recipient will be eligible to renew the scholarship each year at LHS with the following provisions:
- Students must maintain a cumulative GPA of 3.5 or higher.
- Students must participate in at least one extracurricular activity per year.
- Students must complete a minimum of 20 service hours per year.
- Students must complete the renewal form for the scholarship by the date given each year.
These scholarships are awarded independently of our needs-based financial aid. If your family needs financial aid to make LHS a possibility, please follow through with your financial aid application, regardless if you qualify for the Rising Saints Scholarship. If you have any questions, please contact me anytime. We are pleased to be able to reward the hard work and success of students in this manner.
Director of Admissions
Lutheran High School
317-787-5474, option 3
If you (or your child) haven't sent me an email address for your incoming freshman, please do so right away. At Lutheran, it is the expectation that all students check their emails at least once/day. We send important announcements each day, and teachers & coaches use email to communicate with students regularly. This is an important habit to begin! When deciding what email address to use, please keep it simple. This is an email address that you will likely use throughout all of high school and to apply for jobs and college later. Refrain from "cute" email addresses (I.e "email@example.com") and just use your name/grad year or something that is familiar to you that you won't be embarassed about later. Once you have decided on your email address and have it set up, please send Mrs. Barnett a message from that email account that includes your name in the body.
If you want to get a head start on some good looking SaintsWear, take a look a this link to shop our Track & Field clothing sale. Please note that tank tops, athletic shorts, and leggings are not approved to wear at school. All of the sweatshirts and t-shirts are fine though. Feel free to contact Mrs. Barnett if you have specific questions.