Saints Notes December 30, 2011
Here we are on the penultimate day of the year... so long, 2011... thanks for the memories:
- Baptisms of a current student and a recent graduate certainly highlight the year's events. For those attending Chapel the day Zach was welcomed into the Kingdom of Christ is one none there will forget.
- Graduation ceremonies for the Class of 2011.
- The day to day work in the classroom - as teachers and students share the Word of God and a variety of academic courses.
- An awesome LuFest Dinner Celebration back in March - where those attending and others who offered their support for the Dinner Auction raised more than $100,000 to support the students and teachers of Lutheran High including raising enough money to purchase two additional mini buses which are already in use helping transport students to a variety of activities.
- Going full-time with the school's Director of Admissions office this fall; the leadership and organization of the office by LHSI Alumna Jenny Broughton and our first full-time hire Christie Hampton; and a Challenge grant met by LHSI supporters that resulted in a $40,000 check from the Thrivent Financial for Lutherans Foundation.
- Strong support from the sixteen Association churches (Ascension, Calvary, Carmel, Christ, Concordia, Emmaus, Faith, Holy Cross, Mt Olive, Our Savior, Our Shepherd, St John, St Paul's, St Peter, Trinity, and Zion) during FY 2011
- The showering of God's gifts shared with us during FY 2011 that exceeded prior years.
- The hard work of countless volunteers and the new Parent Association that organized for this year.
- And much, much more.
Next year is only the day after tomorrow with classes resuming on Wednesday - I'm sure we will experience the unexpected opportunities and blessings of our loving Lord again in His year, 2012.
God's Blessings to you and a Joyous New Year!