Welcome from the Director of Guidance
Welcome to the Lutheran High School Guidance pages! My goal is to provide services to students and parents that include academic, college, and career advising through a Christian perspective. I will assist students with choosing schedules that challenge, but not overwhelm them, and ensure that they receive the credits necessary to achieve the type of diploma they seek.
The ultimate goal of the Lutheran High School is to prepare students for a Christian life while providing academic excellence in a Christ-centered environment. Each student has a unique combination of abilities and gifts. As Director of Guidance, it is my mission to help students recognize those gifts and strengthen them as they grow. Students will receive encouragement for good choices inside the classroom as well as outside the classroom. They are offered loving support with a listening ear, a kind heart, and Godly counsel. I have an open door policy and am available each day so students can visit whenever they need.
Director of Guidance
Guidance Services available:
- Individual counseling
- Spiritual counseling
- Academic counseling (Students develop a 4-year academic plan during their freshman year. Juniors meet with Mrs. Brock individually to be sure they are track for graduation.)
- Referrals to outside services when necessary
- Remediation for state testing
- Accommodations/plans for special needs students in terms of classroom work and testing (work closely with Franklin Township who provides evaluations and recommendations)
- PSAT for both Sophomores and Juniors at no cost
- College Exam Preparation – PSAT given to sophomores and juniors at no cost, sample questions of SAT and ACT available
- College Exploration and Selection Assistance (college timeline given to students, college visits encouraged, including in-school and out-of-school)
- College Scholarship and Financial Aid (FAFSA) Information
Visit our College Bound page for planning and reporting: